RHCA A|E|C Roundtable Committee Meeting Follow-Up Notes
Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 8:30 a.m. 10:00 a.m. Central Time
The MS Teams link has been sent via Calendar Invite.
If you have any questions, please call the RHCA at 972-786-0909.
1 . Welcome – Reminder for each person to mute themselves.
- Alberto Mercado Flores, A|E|C Committee Co-Chair (A/E), LAN, Inc.
- Louis Frisbie, A|E|C Committee Co-Chair (A/E), Metropolitan Infrastructure
- Marvin Jackson, A|E|C Committee Co-Chair (Construction), Archer Western|AWH
- Angela Berry Roberson, Esq., A|E|C Committee Co-Chair (Construction), WSP USA
- Committee Introduction ( New Members )
2. Topics and Guest Speakers
- Topic: Doing Business with AT&T
- Speaker: Greg Obar, Sr Supplier Diversity Sourcing Manager, AT&T
- Topic: Upcoming Opportunities with VRX, Inc.
- Speaker: Daniel Humphrey, PE, VRX, Inc.
- Topic: Upcoming Opportunities with ARS Engineers, Inc.
- Speaker: A. Marc Sandhu, PE, President, ARS Engineers, Inc.
4. Open Discussion
- Brimer Bill… see online
- “Reimagine Dallas” – A Transformational Opportunity for our City… see online
- Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Master Plan… see online
- 2022 A|E|C Market Conditions
- Labor Market Conversation
- Large Businesses competing for the same talent pool as Small Businesses
- Material availability and price escalation
- Next steps
- Labor Market Conversation
- The National RHCA Training and Safety Foundation… see online
- Deadline and Application Period Ends – December 1, 2022
5. A|E|C Committee Upcoming Events and Topics of Interest
- Dallas and Fort Worth Heavy Highway Forum – Tuesday, November 8, 2022
- Sponsorship Levels
- Individual RSVPs
- Build Fort Worth 2023 Construction Expo
- Municipal Improvements
- Water/Wastewater Event
- Federal Event
- Facilities Event
- Water Resources Event
- Transportation/Roadway Event
- Infrastructure Bill Webinar: Infrastructure Bill Opportunities Impact on Texas with a Focus on North Texas
- Other Event
…. A|E|C Event/Presentation Request Form… see online ….
…. Event Goals
- Events/presentations focus primarily on training/education/upcoming project opportunities
- A topic that is timely and important for the intended audience
- Learning objectives that are clear and appropriate
- The appropriateness of the topic to A|E|C
- No sales pitch please : Direct promotions of products, services or monetary self‐interest are not appropriate
6. RHCA Upcoming Events… see online
7. Action Items
- Guest Speaker Recommendations for our next Committee Meeting w/ Subcommittee help… see online
Deadline to submit recommendations: November 30 , 2022, at 3 pm
… Next Meeting: Click to RSVP Wednesday, December 14, 2022… see online ….
… 2022 A|E|C Committee Meeting Dates (Virtual Meetings until further notice) ….
…. A|E|C Committee Meetings: Second Wednesday of the Month 8:30 am – 10:00 am. CST
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022
… 2023 Proposed A|E|C Committee Dates: Second Wednesday of the Month 8:30 am – 10:00 am. CST … (virtually)
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023
- July – Hiatus
- Wednesday, August 9, 2023
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023 *
… Click to reference previous meetings:
- May 11, 2022… see online
- June 8, 2022… see online
- August 10, 2022.. see online
- September 14, 2022… see online
- October 12, 2022… see online